Saturday, October 18, 2014

My Solo Show at Swoon Gallery

Yep, I'm back! I really miss blogging here. Sorry, I keep updating my posts on Flickr, Tumblr and Facebook fanpage regularly.

I really want to thank Ally, who is an owner of Swoon Gallery, worked with me on this. Opening of my first solo show at Swoon Gallery! Enjoy viewing my latest artworks!

Yoi
8.75" x 14.5" inches
Acrylic & Colored Pencil on Wood
AVAILABLE




Rin
6" x 6.25" inches
Acrylic on Wood
SOLD





Kei
5.75" x 6.75" inches
Acrylic on Wood
SOLD



Time Lapse
11" x 14" inches
Graphite and Acrylic on Hand-textured paper
SOLD



Live Free
11" x 14" inches
Graphite and Acrylic on Hand-textured paper
SOLD



Dreams Apart Fall
11" x 14" inches
Graphite on Hand-textured paper
SOLD



Hidden
11" x 14" inches
Graphite on Hand-textured paper
SOLD



Chi
11" x14" inches
Acrylic on Hand-textured paper
SOLD



Ask Me
9" x 12" inches
Watercolor on Hand-textured paper
SOLD



After Dark
9" x 12" inches
Graphite on Hand-textured paper
SOLD



About my health, I want to share my good news with you all. Last year (October 2013 year), I had underwent myomectomy around 3 months ago and developed adhesions and had undergone 2 other surgeries for adhesiolysis with some intestinal resection and anastomosis on the last operation. Then I lived on liquid diet for 5-6 months... I rarely ate boiled eggs and other tiny solid foods but they didn't work for me... and I kept vomiting everyday so my weak intestines with adhesions were totally blocked. Then I have been having on and off partial gut obstruction every week. Then I had protein deficiency... so the expensive medicine - Kabiven was given by infusion through a central vein catheter only (*in my neck*, ouch). 

I also had iron deficiency (I got blood donations from wonderful supportive people). Then Nasogastric Tube (NGT) which I have used was the most horrible experience for me... so my throat became very painful and I didn't speak for more than one month. I cried everyday. Sometimes I kept screaming everyone, "DOCTOR! NURSE! MAMA! DAD! HELP ME! OH GOD, WHY DO I SUFFER FROM BAD LUCK? GOD, ARE YOU PUNISHING ME? I WANNA KILL MYSELF!!!" Quite depressing and traumatic. 

Actually I had total 6 abdominal surgeries:
2 surgeries - 2007 year (May)
3 surgeries - 2013 year (September-October)
1 surgery - 2014 year (February)


Last February 2014 (my birthday), my trusted colorectal surgeons finally removed intestines with horrible adhesions again, I always prayed to God for my last hope, I didn't want to have another future surgery.... Now my life is normal again. Glad I'm able to eat real foods again (oh God, why is pizza so good?) All I can do is to keep exercising, stretching, doing aerobics and taking medicines / injections to prevent adhesions, luteum corpus cysts and a few ones. 

I got curves again, haha. Now my weight is 97-98 lbs. I want to thank you all of you for cheering me up, supporting and encouraging me a lot. Love you guys!

6 comments:

Hélène said...

So good to have news from you !

Your last work seems so dark and sad, I hope you put in them all your worries and pain, so that you can spark and shine and be full of joy and colors as before !

You are a real warrior inside, I hope it gives you strength to think about it.

Khylov said...

...Like I've said before: From CK to SI Swimsuit.

Tammie Lee said...

ohhhh, you have been through so very much! thank you for sharing with us. I send you light and wishes for a life that feels wonderful to you!
thank you for sharing your art with us!

Unknown said...

Hi Mall, I´m so glad to hear you are fine, you look beautiful in your photos. Yep, yep, yep, eating is a pleasure now you have to enjoy a lot of pizza! hehehe. I like a lot your new paintins, they look more like paintings to me than illustrations I also noticed that your pj seems to have grown up. As I´ve been following your posts for a while it is so nice to see how your style is changuing? developing? arf, excuse my english, hope you know what I mean. So...love your work as ever and the biggest hug.

Dizzy Ivy said...

we love you too! :D no, realy- you are great artist and person! wish you all the best!

Unknown said...

Hi Mall,This is the first time i visited your blog. And I'm so impressed of the artwork you've done.I observed that mostly of your illustrations portray sad feelings..Hope your okay now..and can' wait to see your illustrations portraying happy emotions..Good Luck and Congratulations..This is from obras.ph.