Tuesday, February 18, 2014
Tuesday, December 3, 2013
Wednesday, September 25, 2013
I'm Mall's sister, Erica. Her shop update will be postponed due to an emergency. She undergone an operation due to a severe abdominal pain. It was found out that she has 2 myoma (7.5cm & 1cm) whis is now removed. The pain was caused by a ruptured corpus luteum that became a blessing in disguise since it was the pain that made her get an ultrasound. She will update her shop as soon as she gets better.
Sunday, September 22, 2013
Tuesday, July 30, 2013
Saturday, May 4, 2013
" As far as what to do with the Munny, I truly meant what I said and you may create WHAT EVER your heart desires. If that is Babu and Abu that is great! If it is something else, that will be great too! If you want to experiment - go for it! Even if you need to cut holes in that munny or cut open his head (ha ha!). My truest joy will be in having a creation that is totally from you! "
When I have time, I need to re-edit a new movie project for smoothening my Fennec video and learn how to use Adobe Premiere / Final Cut Pro. Anyway, SHOW TIME! Get popcorn and enjoy watching! DON'T FORGET TO USE HD (720p).
UPDATED: My friend Jean-Sébastien Monzani helped me to re-edit my wobbly video, which it looks clearer, smoother and much better! I have replaced my video with this revised one. Merci!
Tuesday, March 12, 2013
Hello guys! How are you all doing? Hope all is well. I received many repeating same questions from my lovely fans. Here are my answers:
1. Where did you buy a Magic Sculpt clay?
- I ordered MS clay from Ebay online shop but they delivered my orders to my relatives' location in States. Then my relatives went back to Philippines so they brought MS clays to me. Unfortunately, I think they don't have MS clay here in Philippines. They have Apoxie Sculpt, you can purchase it on The Sculpeyman Trading multiply store. Here's a link: http://thesculpeyman.multiply.com/ Remember, MS / Apoxie is a self-hardening clay, it doesn't need to bake.
2. Which one is better: MS or Apoxie?
- MS and Apoxie are almost same. I used Apoxie for my first toy (Owl) in the beginning, it was really nice. For my personal opinion, I prefer MS because I love to smoothen the MS clay with water only. I don't like the way that Apoxie clay needs to smoothen with rubbing alcohol. MS is more sandable than Apoxie. Try to use Milliput. I heard that Milliput is just like MS. I never tried Sculpey, Fimo, Premo, polymer clay, wax clay and paper clay... maybe in time, I'll try these different clays.
3. Why don't you try Sculpey?
- Errr, I haven't tried Sculpey yet... Maybe in time. I must admit that I'm sometimes impatient, I don't want to wait for baking Sculpey in an oven... or boiling Sculpey clay in a pot longer. :)
4. How do you smooth the MS clay?
- Sometimes I use water MS for smoothening. Or for avoiding rough surfaces or dimple-like in the toy surface, I use a sandpaper to scuff it. For thick rough unperfect clay, use 80 - 100 grit sandpaper. After this, change the grit then hit it with some 150.... then 220 or 250....and the last satin/silky feel, use 400/1000. You keep rubbing it with different grit sandpapers from roughness to smoothness.
5. What are your tools for customizing toy?
- sculpting / carving tools, hairdryer, MS clay, aluminum foil, recycled things (for instance, wood, metal, paper, old pencils/sticks, etc.), sandpapers, Dremel rotary tool, Xacto knife, acrylics, colored pencils, gesso, wool or felt or fabric, glass, varnish spray (matte or gloss), more.
6. Can you share your techniques, tricks, tips and ideas about DIY custom toy?
- Wish I could have free to answer these. But there are a list of complete FAQ stuff on Kidrobot forum, which I learned a lot. Here's a link, hope this helps you. http://forums.kidrobot.com/viewtopic.php?t=56606 Also, there are a *lot* of DIY custom toy tutorials on blogs, you can google them. Thanks to Internet, hehe! :)
7. Did you already videotape your 4th custom toy?
- Yes of course! You all will wait for my new toy video soon... I think my video might be short like 5 or 6 minutes. I'm currently filming while working on toy. See y'all soon! It's bedtime for me, goodnight!
Sunday, February 17, 2013
So I chose my medium, acrylic and black gesso on strathmore paper. It was quite easy to paint it fast before the deadline, hehe. Many people asked me if I could use masking fluid. Nope, I must admit that I never use masking fluid, really.